Sunday, March 22, 2015

My Quick Response to Resurrected July's 'Note to Self' Post (10-22-14)


Interesting feel when one's posts are resurrected from the past. even the relatively near past like this one. I noticed an old one on obamacare also surfaced recently from 2011 was it. Time flies as your country continues to unravel and destroy its citizenry and the world with lots of help from its friends. 
http://open.salon.com/blog/libbyliberalnyc/2014/07/22/note_to_myself_on_blogging_os#comment_3359217

This blog above was written in admitted fury over the escalating and gobsmacking slaughter war of Israel on Gaza back in July. I still feel that fury and frustration though then I was stunned at the audacity and media coverage of it all which even I would not have expected.

As for many of my fellow open saloners and fellow Americans watching the tube as Gaza was getting pulverized for 50 days by the merciless bombing of Israel, and me comparing some open saloners and Americans to those Israelis sitting on the hillside being entertained and titillated by the carnage, I stand by that comparison.

When evil is happening and in such a publicized and in your face middle finger up horrifying way by Israel and then fellow citizens support this and our own Congress is nearly 100% supportive of a country committing genocide and defending itself as acting in self defense when it is Hamas doing the self-defending. I don't condone Hamas violence but I don't see it as the provocative entity here. Israel needed tough love from the US long ago but instead the US has become as lawless as Israel and as enabling as ever to Israel.

I appreciate the honesty of the comments. I guess I want to compartmentalize libby as blogger from libby with a relationship with fellow commenters and I get confused when my generalizations get called on by individuals at times. That is my own obtuseness and naivete and needy-people pleaser coming out and wanting things both ways I guess. But I also don't like yo mama personality assassinations and pile ons over differences either in comment threads and even blogs. But when attacked one has a right to self-defend, but not go looking for fights.

I have written a couple blogs maybe with someone's name in my title who has come after me, but I don't recommend it or like it when it has been done to me, when I have been sharing my viewpoints and not made things personal.

I hear what is being said. jl's generous message about opening minds if not changing them was something especially that has stayed with me and comforted me.

Yes, perhaps I want to show that there are some of us who are thinking so very differently from what is being encouraged on corporate media. Just showing, WE ALL DO NOT ACCEPT AND TRUST WHAT OUR GOVERNMENT IS DOING!!! THINGS ARE MESSED UP MAJORLY!!! QUESTIONING AND CHALLENGING AUTHORITY IS IMPORTANT!!! IT IS THE WORLD'S AND THE PLANET'S ONLY SALVATION!!! Wanting to introduce different ideas that have real facts behind them. Are not propaganda.

And you know I don't only write for those un-, under- or differently informed than me, I also write for the morale of my fellow equally horrified, disenfranchised lefties and maybe indies and righties, too, in present Obamaworld, to say, yes, indeedy, things are that grave and outrageous!!!! WTF????!!!!! I'm outraged too.

I just shared with a friend that I once heard that anger is a "conversion" process. This angry voice is the voice that comes up and wants out when I do the political blogs after doing political reading on sites that honor reality and truth and morality. I try to balance the anger and frustration with as many facts as I can muster, do my homework to explain specifically my frustration to others and also to share what the mainstream media is NOT and ALMOST NEVER sharing or cravenly re-framing which is why I am trying to wake people up from the seductive mainstream media propaganda.

The hyperbole I am accused of is not really hyperbole in my eyes. The days of nuanced criticizing and suggesting tweaks to policies are gone. UNCONSTITUTIONALITY DESERVES OUTRAGE! Things have jumped the shark long ago and need to be called out. Saturated corruption is our government. The swamp is not being drained by the Dems it is now up to our lower lips, higher for some.

Triangulating the lesser evil Dems as superior in the game of political gamesmanship spectatorship plays into the oligarchs and militarists m.o. And yes, there is plenty of Dem media and Dem progressive criticism of the Repubs. I want to hold up a mirror to the Dems who have over-compromised and let go of the moral compass imho by enabling Obama et al.

I grew up around denial, I lived in denial. Like a fish in a bowl of water that doesn't fathom the water. What water? That is what US exceptionalism is. It is collective psychosis. And I enter that myself too readily. Alice Miller writes about how the Germans were collectively unconscious and seduced by a poisonous pedagogy in her books, particularly Thou Shalt Not Be Aware. I thought Hitler inspired FEAR in his citizenry. When I was little I wondered why when he went to sleep he wasn't overtaken. I naively thought there was one bad guy who overtook an entire country. Hitler was ADORED by so many who identified with their victimizer. Who demonized people that could be seen as threats to his citizens and he was protector not dangerous to them. That is denial. That is Stockholm Syndrome. We have let the brave hearts among us twist in the wind or worse for trying to bring us reality and truth as a country. We are letting the US direct demonization as it acts out what it is accusing others of doing. It is that shameless and evil.

I finally recognized the degree of the agonizing and wounding and sabotaging to my future self dysfunctional existence of my past. Now I am discerning a profoundly dysfunctional world and US community about me as I slogged my way through my personal denial, and my own government is making me with my tax dollars an accomplice to mass murder and disempowerment of my fellow humans as well as threatening my own right to liberty and happiness and life in this world in many dimensions in short or long run. I am not going to eat sh*t and smile about it. I have to speak out. I am sure I am projecting anger over past insanity onto present insanity and that increases my volume. Nevertheless, saying what needs to be said matters. Maybe I can find a tone that stops jarring so much as I keep writing.

And re open salon, do you think a woman using an inside voice would have even been read here or have had the impact, positive and/or negative, I have managed? I made myself a lightning rod at times and often tried to put as much information and angry punch into my headlines for those I knew were unwilling to read me or didn't like me or my tone because there is so much going on, so many fresh hells, and an ever-worsening and toxic establishment. From my awareness with addictions, they get worse or they get stopped. And the co-addicts enabling them, they get worse or they get stopped, too. I learned from my recovery from addictive family dysfunction the coaddicts can become as toxic to one as the addicts.

A few months ago polling about how people felt about war showed record numbers of anti-war Americans. In a few months of disturbing beheading news, granted, with lots of propaganda for war mongering the percentages among Americans is up there once again. WAR WAR WAR KILL KILL KILL. WTF??? Bombing the sh*t out of people and trusting our government acts wisely and justly people have trust in????? Yikes. Yeah, who are they going to bomb the sh*t out of. Conspiring with Nazis in the Ukraine and the jihadists and thug countries like SA and Israel who want Syria the next failed state for resources and cronyism against Iran and Russia for full spectrum dominance. You think this is national security? The US is spreading world insecurity that includes our vulnerability and more cannon fodder troops, now facing EBOLA. Bless the troops say the arm chair chicken hawks who there is a chance even caused the Ebola outbreak with their own clandestine bioterrorism experimentations. Just when things sound shocking, they get even more shocking.

Our government is criminally insane. To me that is not hyperbole and that warrants some feelings among the citizenry I'm thinking! I'm feeling! Feeler/intuiter is my temperament. Already I am jarring to thinker/senser types.

The election is two weeks away. Real issues aren't on the table from the viable candidates. We are an oligarchy. We are a criminal empire. Not we. The capturers of democracy. The destroyers of democracy. And I want more outrage not learned helplessness from fellow Americans.

My anger when I blog is aimed at the horrifying situation and a government that is so incompetent and evil. And I use the word evil because I see what has passed as "lesser evil" as the evil I find it to be and enough slack has been given for God's sakes to the greed and war addicts and their cronies no matter how photogenic and appealing their sound bite personalities seem to be.

Israel's government is corrupt and earns the word evil, too, imho. I wish Alice Miller would write a book about Israel and what happened to it. And there, too, there is an enmeshed majority population that is endorsing ethnic cleansing and deniers and group-think tribalists just as in this country.

Beheadings using machetes are horrifying. So are US assassinations with computers behind million dollar drones of how many thousands of innocents so far! And exploiting UN precepts about "protecting" countries this country wants to overcome. Yes, wiping out attendees at a funeral are called signature strikes because the dead body may be considered an ex-insurgent so let's kill everyone connected to that person and assume they deserve killing too. Yeah, there's a lousy plan on how many moral and strategic levels? Let's just keep on spreading well-deserved anti-Americanism as we destroy human beings or their quality of life. and killing gets addictive and game like. 
----------------
R&R and may I add that governments are very often the reflections of the dominant cultures of the people they govern. Germany and Russia have always fallen in line behind the dominant father figure. Italy and Greece have always yearned for their former Imperial glory and wallowed in a culture of tax evasion and corruption. Latin America suffers from the same toxic psychological syndrome. The people of Africa and the Middle East have stronger tribal bonds than national identities. Whether the letters spell ISIS/ISIL or GOP, the underlying fear and rage driven insanity essentially remains the same. As long as we continue to choose violence and oppression as an appropriate response to the challenge of "the other," the family of homo sapiens will remain dysfunctional. I'm afraid it may be "hard wired" in our brains.
I see NO need for ANY self-doubt here. FACTS substantiate Your thoughts.

"Israel needed tough love from the US long ago but instead the US has become as lawless as Israel and as enabling as ever to Israel."

For years, annual all-European polls rank america and israel as THE two greatest threats to world peace. The only change is which country occupies the top slot in a given year.

"The hyperbole I am accused of is not really hyperbole in my eyes."

Those who accuse You of hyperbole are steeped in denial, willfully ignorant, or have a different agenda. Some are imbued with all three.

"I try to balance the anger and frustration with as many facts as I can muster, do my homework to explain specifically my frustration to others and also to share what the mainstream media is NOT and ALMOST NEVER sharing or cravenly re-framing which is why I am trying to wake people up from the seductive mainstream media propaganda."

"FACTS" are an anathema to some.

"We are letting the US direct demonization as it acts out what it is accusing others of doing. It is that shameless and evil."

Is this rhetorical or undeniable?

"Our government is criminally insane. To me that is not hyperbole and that warrants some feelings among the citizenry I'm thinking!"

How ANYONE cannot see criminally insane is beyond the pale. americans will reap what is being sown, now, for DECADES.

"Let's just keep on spreading well-deserved anti-Americanism as we destroy human beings or their quality of life. and killing gets addictive and game like."

Yes, let's do that. How's that working out for Ya, america?

-R-
hey LLNYC. its shrill writing but we live in a crazy world. let the human ostriches avoid your blog. you are a long known quantity on this site. your politics is impassioned, and some sheeple in the nation of fence-sitters are understandably annoyed or upset by your writing. you show signs of having both a thick & thin skin. human! thats what blogging is all about for me. keep up the good work & dont let the scoundrels get you down. lol at whats-her-names comment on your other blog about "avoiding ppl who dont make her feel good".
The two general criticisms of your posts lean heavily on the massive quotes you use and the fierce passion you exhibit over immorality. You have the good instincts to seek and expose expert opinion. That's laudable. Anyone not passionate about the monstrous corruption and insensitivity to the miseries embedded in the US and Israeli governments is brain dead and beyond worth attention.
Keep it up.
Beyond that the bulk of the US public is well on to Obama's inattention to the rampant miseries of unemployment, outrageous medical and school expenses, wildly overpriced and totally wasteful military expenditures, the unpunished individuals and practices of the scoundrel financial and banking sector and the vicious encouragements for the oppressive police and legal systems among other things. Foreign policy is so inept as to belong in a film by the Marx brothers. And yet there are people here who scold you for not admiring a president whose only positive characteristic is that he is black. I find this somewhat amusing and inherently tragic.
I'm really pleased by the recent release of the film about the late Gary Webb "Kill the Messenger." It hasn't come to New Zealand yet. However people who have seen it assure me the message comes across loud and clear - about the criminal destructiveness of a corporate media that deliberately destroyed the career and life of a brave journalist who told the truth about CIA/Contra links to cocaine trafficking in the US.

The US does not have a free press and is not a free country. The extent of personal freedom is limited to choosing what color toothbrush to buy. And that ain't freedom.
lol color of toothrbrush.
you can take the red pill or the blue pill, wink ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment