Saturday, March 21, 2015

Unfinished Sentences ... (7-3-13)


Unfinished Sentences ...
Are you willing to finish 5 of the 20 below?
1. If I had 24 hours to live ...
2. If I had a million dollars ...
3. Many people don’t agree with me about ...
4. I believe ...
5. God ...
6. In a group I am ...
7. I get angry when ...
8. The things that amuse me the most are ...
9. What I want most in life is ..
10. I am ...
11. People who know me well think I am ...
12. I used to be ...
13. I am concerned most about ...
14. I cry when ...
15. On vacations I like to ...
16. The happiest day in my life was ...
17, What I did best back in school was ...
18. When someone hurts me I ...
19. My bluest days are ...
20. When people first meet me, they ...

My Five:
1. On vacations I like to travel away from home and city, visit with family and take photos.
2. God is an unconditionally loving/accepting Higher Parent/Teacher.
3. What I want most in life is to understand, accept, respect and express myself.
4. Many people don’t agree with me about Obama.
5. What I did best back in school was draw, act, play tennis/volleyball, and critically analyze literature.

Some questions from "Values Clarification" by Simon, Howe and Kirschenbaurm, Hart Publishing, NY
----------
OK, I’ll bite.

3 - Many people don’t agree with me about the near elimination of corporate taxes. (They’re inefficient and costly to administer. I’d replace them with higher individual rates on the richest and consumption taxes including carbon with exemptions and rebates for the poorest.)

12 - I used to be a world traveller. Almost a decade with no permanent address. An employer covered my hotels, flights, meals and laundry.

13 - I am concerned most about global warming. The chances of catastrophic change (e.g. a 10+ feet rise in sea levels) are about 100 times greater than having one’s house burn down yet we unquestioningly pay insurance on the latter.

14 - I cry when the Marseillaise scene comes on in Casablanca.

15 - On vacations I like to travel somewhere far away or get together at the rustic family cottage with friends.
There is a lot of food for thought here. I need to mull over each of the 20 unfinished sentences. I'll get back to ya later.
Here goes, my five:

nfinished Sentences ...

1. If I had 24 hours to live ... I would spend every second, every moment with my children.

2. If I had a million dollars ...I would travel the world with them.

7. I get angry when ...I hear about people being cruel.

10. I am ... who I am (not Paula Deen).

16. The happiest day in my life was ... when my child was born.

Thank you for the thought-provoking piece. Rated
I believe that everything is equally important.

In a group I am the big, tall, odd one.

I am concerned most that all people are cared for and get along.

God is a word that has caused lots of trouble in the world.

I get angry when I see people suffering including me.
1. If I had 24 hours to live I would get off this damn computer.

3. Many people don’t agree with me about anything; or at least something; I don't seem to agree with anyone on everything.

5. God doesn't do a good job communicating about what he's trying to do.

12. I used to be someone that thought the media reported the news and the politicians represent the public.

20. When people first meet me, they think I'm nuts!
I believe... absolutely anything is possible, it's just a matter of learning to do it.

People who know me well think I am... too patient, too generous, and too forgiving, but I'm working on changing.

The thing that amuses me the most is... when people do the same things over and over and keep expecting different results, yet they refuse to change. (Yeah, I know this is sick.)

What I want most in life is... peace on earth.

When people first meet me... they think I should do stand up comedy. (I hear that constantly.)
You asked for it Libby!
1. If I had 24 hours to live..I would have sex!
2. If I had a million dollars..I would buy sex!
3. People that know me think.. I'm a Tramp!
4. What amuses me most is..Edible Underwear!
And 5. What I did best in school was...you already know!
Not really - none of the above!
R
From Bernadine Spitzsnogel....

2. If I had a million dollars I would give my nieces and nephews money and then I would travel more ...

5. God ... is in all of us. In my house there are many rooms. I believe that God comes to us in various ways, through Jesus, through the Buddha, through a lovely dawn and a beautiful flower.

7. I get angry when ... people don't listen to each other.

15. On vacations I like to visit historical and beautiful sites and take pictures with my Point and Shoot...

16. The happiest day in my life was ... the day I had my ultrasound for our son after two miscarriages and I saw that little heartbeat just beating away.
1. I would just finish it now. Why procrastinate?
2. I'd put it all on red. The American way.
3. How big of an asshole I am.
4. Therefore I am.
5. May not play dice according to Einstein but he was definitely drunk when he created the corporate state.
6. A groupie
7. Ignorance is pawned off as knowledge.
8. The endless charade of political idiots
9. To truly be emotionally-free of the endless bondage of this world
yer so fun these days. a brain twister gal.

um
. If I had 24 hours to live ...i would go very hedonistic with any money i could get.

2. If I had a million dollars ...see 1

3. Many people don’t agree with me about ...my mystical idle musings.

4. I believe ...in the permanence of change.

5. God ...
is bipolar. has two natures.
one is utterly abstract. has all the archetypes in his brain.
one is using us to live them all out..
god, not the Creator. no. Creativity
is the ultimate principle of the universe.
god is the first created thing.
~
6. In a group I am ...fun or bored or surly or troublesome

7. I get angry when ...
i get bored
8. The things that amuse me the most are ...

9. What I want most in life is ..bliss and utter truth beauty and goodness and living in the light of above said god, who will see what i see etc cuz i be his holy moly instrument.



10. I am ...yes i am..that is the point. i am being.
oopsy missed 8. i dunno.
funny stuff.
like the ironic killer nature of mother karma?
the animal dude who got killed by a , what wuzzit? fish?
Steve Irwin, James. Was a stingray.

If I had 24 hours to live I'd finish the damn bathroom.

Many people don't agree with me about my choice of second-hand fixtures.

I believe the fixtures I chose are just fine, thanks.

The things that amuse me most are other people's bathrooms.

I am concerned most about how waterproof the tile grout is.

I like your #5 Libby.
If I had a million dollars I would spend it.
I believe that one should believe nothing. We are here to find out.
When someone hurts me I I get angry

No comments:

Post a Comment