Friday, March 20, 2015

REDEMPTION - a poem (10-11-11)


Sad, shadow questions
throb through
a suddenly abysmal universe.
Yesterday's pain
cuts, crushes, drains.
How came
some savage, blame-shaming harpy
to subjugate my mind, devour my heart,
drive me to blind, hard crying?
Pitiful.
The pit I fill.
With tortured tears I create
my own Redemptive Lake
where at last I can begin
the sacred silent swim
to Self.
Where the sky will absorb me
into a sun-bright moment of hope,
where a heart renewed innocent
returns eager to cope.

You remember and you know; therefore, you will prevail. Subtle and meaningful piece. R
"to Self.

Where the sky will absorb me

into a sun-bright moment of hope,

where a heart renewed innocent

returns eager to cope."

I've bookmarked this poem. Thank you Libby.
catch and recover - the reach and draw being mere fore-play
any one can reach and draw
but catch and recover - thats where the mind has to be calm
reach -draw - catch - recover and soon the past is far behind you as you glide through the universe in a seamless play on words and water
What lovely responses from each of you. I thank you.

Thoth ... appreciate your appreciation. This is one of those poems that was distilled only after decades of hard experience. :)

l'Heure, thanks for your courageous sharings that made me dust this poem off and want to share it, especially with you. Too often as I age I go to numbness to avoid the arc of pain to get to the self-compassion, a cathartic arc. I need to be braver and trust that process is better than the numbness.

Snowden, love the way you write! thanks for gifting me with your own creativity and empathy in that comment!

libby


No comments:

Post a Comment