Saturday, March 21, 2015

Are You A Clothes Line or a Kite String? (6-9-13)


Feeling self-disclosing? Pick your metaphors! (maybe 5-10?)
Are you:
1. More teacher or student?
2. More rose or daisy?
3. More country or city?
4. More physical or mental?
5. More tortoise or hare?
6. More screened porch or picture window?
7. More pogo stick or roller skate?
8. More here or there?
9. More clothes line or kite string
10. More No Trespassing sign or Public Fishing sign?
11. More fly swatter or fly paper?
12. More paddle or ping pong ball?
13. More file cabinet or liquor chest?
14. More “a stitch in time” or “better late than never”?
15. More likely to walk on thin ice or tiptoe through tulips?
16. More intuitive or rational?
17. More patent leather or suede?
18. More political or apolitical?
19. More gourmet or McDonald’s?
20. More loner or grouper?
21. More yes or no?
22. More here or there?
23. More valley or mountain?
24. More babbling brook or placid lake?
25. More NYC or Colorado?

5 of my responses:
fly paper
thin ice
tortoise
pogo-stick
“better late”

From book "Values Clarification" by Sidney Simon, Leland Howe, Howard Kirschenbaum, Hart Publishing, 1972
----------------
Sometimes I'm a little potato sometimes a little potata, sometimes a little tomato sometimes a little tomata. Fun post Lib.
loner, kite string, ping pong ball, Public Fishing sign, and political.
`
Hop on Pogo Stick
and
Wear Roller Skates.
`
If NSA foiled a plot?
They get `CoB Pipe.
Fill with Corn Silk.
Fish for info huh...Ha this is funL.
I'm a rational loner sitting on my screened porch while eating my McDonalds (though wishing it was BBQ)and saying yes to NYC.
Kite string!!! What fun.
Of 25 responses, 9 were truthfully "Both", and 9 were qualified choices, so these are the definitive responses 9.)kite string, 11.) flyswatter, 12.) ball, 14.) blt never, 15.) walking on ice, 17.) suede, 20.) loner & 25.) Colorado, but I like LA and SF.

So what does that reveal? Answer key please?

R&R ;-)
All of the above. It just depends on......?

R
;-)
.
I am definitely a liquor cabinet. That one I got, the others I am still working on alone, on the front porch with my fly sweater....Damn auto correct....swatter. R
Here’s the ones I can answer unambiguously.
3 – city
4 – mental
6 – porch
10 – public fishing
13 – liquor chest (it’s those Finnish genes)
16 – rational
17 – suede
18 – political
25 – NYC (isn’t this the same as 3?)

re 19, I’m anti-McD’s but have gotten over gourmet restaurants too. At least the very fancy ones. So how do my values stack up?
Thanks for playing, guys and gals. No values chart or key. Always been an advocate of self-introspection and thought this was a clever approach. I marvel at how I used to be one and am now the other of the above. And also, some stymied me. Also some are simply and at times paradoxically both for me. Take care!!! best, libby
We'll or Wheel
Gator or Croc
Porcupine or Porpoise
Platapus or Plato
Plague or Paddle
Radio or Taser
Splinter or Sliver
Liver or Lifer
Worry or Worthless
Blood or Plasma
Hatfield or McCoy
Obivous or Oblivious
Protein or Enzyme
Adam or Eve
Fire or Ice
King or Fool
Stoned or Rocked
porpoise, We'll, Eve, Fire, Obvious
tic or tac
Jill or Jac
Congressperson or Lobbyist
2nd or 3rd
number or word
dilly or dally
Holy Cards or Clean Cut Comics
Floss or Flicka
Dancer or Prancer
High Flight or Silent Night
Temperment or Peppermint
Bowler or Medicene Hat
High or Low
Stuff or Shin0la
Gin or Vodka
Fruit Punch or Naked Lunch
IF
The Dems are filled with wiltsmockent.en,
The Reds embarrassed with loss,
The Greens are full of en-dive
Of
Mice and Lice and Thundering Dice
Stress and Strain;
Let's Pray for
Rain
There's more to read
in Tippicanoe, than
Katmandu
Both to all.
Whatever that makes me.
I'm a firework, but sometimes I feel like a plastic bag. Good post!! //R
A post to set one thinking.
What a fun game, Libby. I'm the sort of person who can't pass this up.

was a teacher, but really a lifelong student
city
mental/cerebral
there
kite string
public fishing
intuitive
suede
political
loner (introvert)
NYC

More! Others like this might make a good open call prompt.
Woman, this is me:
(you asked!)
A student of roses, a mental tortoise, lookin out his picture window
Rather too much HERE.
Not into trespassing nor fishing, more a flyswatter , waiting for flies .
A ping pong ball of a man, I suppose.
A liquor chest fellow, a walker no more on thin ice, cuz the tulips is blooming.
Better late than never, is what they say of me.
So intuitive I could implode. Also rational god help me.
And from Kansas...

I close my eyes
Only for a moment and the moment's gone
All my dreams
Pass before my eyes with curiosity

Dust in the wind
All they are is dust in the wind

Same old song
Just a drop of water in an endless sea
All we do
Crumbles to the ground, though we refuse to see


Dust in the wind
All we are is dust in the wind

Now don't hang on
Nothin' last forever but the earth and sky
It slips away
And all your money won't another minute buy

Dust in the wind
All we are is dust in the wind
(All we are is dust in the wind)

Dust in the wind
(Everything is dust in the wind)
Everything is dust in the wind
(In the wind)
Ha!
Too many of these I respond in my mind with, "Well, depends on the day/hour/moment..."
I tend to live on the pendulum swing and identify with both ends quite often.
Although I am quite comfortable with...
"Better late than never."
and I'll skip the "McDonald's."
: )
Teacher, daisy disguised as rose, country, mental, hare, porch, roller skate, here, kite string, No Trespassing, toxic fly spray, ping pong ball, file cabinet, stitch in time, intuitively rational, suede, political, pancake house, social loner, too yes (sigh), mountain, babbling brook, Colorado.

This was fun. It also made me aware of how much I've changed and how much more I want to change.
teacher, daisy, country, physical, hare, screen porch, roller skate, here,
Public fishing, swatter,paddle, kite string, better late than never, thin ice, intuitive, suede, political, gourmet, loner, valley, brook, Colorado,
this moment anyway!
oh and definitely and sometimes regretfully YES.

No comments:

Post a Comment